EngRish GiRL

A GiRL still spinning from the fast pace of Tokyo suddenly finds herself a rookie among the best and brightest in British academia. By no means a proper ENGLISH girl, she can express herself only as EngRish GiRL, the silly mix of America, Japan and Britain that she has become.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sore neck

You know you have been working for too long when your neck feels an ominous pull, your butt aches from a hard desk chair, and you are beginning to go cross-eyed. You know you have been avoiding work for too long when it comes down to this.

Believe it or not, I have been working almost non-stop, give or take 2-3 hours for eating, exercising, and showering. The thesis deadline is looming, along with that of two other 5,000 word essays, and I realized the necessity of getting a move on.

The good news is, there is good news! I have landed at least 2 very high profile research interviews while I am in Tokyo in May, so that should add a little bit of authority to my thesis. It's funny how all the meishi (business cards) you acquire and never think you will use eventually come in handy. The value of meishi exchange as a Japanese custom has never been felt as now.

On the side, I'm stressing about a job. I interviewed and have a tentative offer for a marketing position in Tokyo, which they are willing to hold for me until July. There are no huge red flags, only a couple of small ones, but still I am hesitating and don't know why. I think I should just take it. If I absolutely hate it, there is nothing to stop me from moving on, right? God I stress over these things way too much.

Time to move from desk to bed. Lucky for me they are less than one meter apart from each other!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    man, during my periods of work at cambridge i had to see a chiropractor to fix my aching back (maybe rowing had something to do with it!) don't work too hard, you'll pass :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home