EngRish GiRL

A GiRL still spinning from the fast pace of Tokyo suddenly finds herself a rookie among the best and brightest in British academia. By no means a proper ENGLISH girl, she can express herself only as EngRish GiRL, the silly mix of America, Japan and Britain that she has become.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Blogger Bore

Mention of my blog last night to Frenchy-future-nobel-prize-winning friend B led to some reflection on my part of my latest blog entries. It pains me to say it, but I realized that my blog is becoming boring. Believe me, it didn't help that I came to this epiphany over an oh-so boring order of the most non-adventurous Indian dish Chicken Tikka Masala. I wasn't even in the mood for something with spice!

Is this a reflection of my life? Have I entered a new phase in Cambridge where my life has become too boring to describe, even on a weblog that hardly anyone reads!? Pretty soon will I be dressing in polo shirts and penny-loafers and watching the home shopping network?! HORROR!

Well, let's think about what used to make my blog so interesting before... I realize my witty prose has gotten less witty-- perhaps dulled by the monotony of academic writing. I have no more funny bad date stories-- especially since I've actually ended up in a serious relationship with a former victim of my many jokes (!), and no more insights into the Japanese psyche now that I am removed from the bubble of Tokyo. So tell me, what do I write about?! You definitely would not want to hear about my day sitting in front of this computer writing a presentation on how Foucault's theories of power and knowledge are applied to Western imperialism of the Orient... yet I am so out of content that I've just told you anyway.

EngRish GiRL is uninspired and on the verge of becoming (hiccup!) boring. Maybe this is my cue to switch to fiction...

1 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's ok, I still read your blog, it's way better than work any day!!!!

    MnM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home