EngRish GiRL

A GiRL still spinning from the fast pace of Tokyo suddenly finds herself a rookie among the best and brightest in British academia. By no means a proper ENGLISH girl, she can express herself only as EngRish GiRL, the silly mix of America, Japan and Britain that she has become.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

What time is it?!

Surprise! I'm in Paris!! Silly, stupid giRL, I was getting off the plane from Tokyo yesterday for a 2 hour layover in Paris on my way to London, when the nice French girl I was chatting with on the flight asked me my flight plans. I replied that I was going to London, then back to Paris tomorrow on my way to New York. She gave me a confused smile and said, "Well then why not just stay in Paris? You don't need to connect to London if you are coming back here tomorrow!" Then a light bulb went off and began kicking myself in the ass. It just hadn't clicked.

Well, everything worked out in the end, which is great! My friend H is still here in Paris and had no problem with me crashing at his flat for the night. We walked around the city last night, which is very mild for this season (warmer than Tokyo even!), saw the Christmas tree at Notre Dame and a beautiful red sunset, ate a galette and some tarte rhubarbe. All before I crashed at 7:30pm!

En route to Nazareth today... Can't wait to be home again, even though I have absolutely no idea what time it is, anywhere!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home