EngRish GiRL

A GiRL still spinning from the fast pace of Tokyo suddenly finds herself a rookie among the best and brightest in British academia. By no means a proper ENGLISH girl, she can express herself only as EngRish GiRL, the silly mix of America, Japan and Britain that she has become.

Friday, December 16, 2005

The Sound of Silence

Well, here I am. It's been a month of blank spaces which I haven't necessarily felt like filling in, especially on this computer which I look at too many hours per day already. So, thanks to the loyal readers who have checked my blog twice, even thrice daily and wondered, "Did she drown in the River Cam?" "Did she fall off her bike and break all her typing fingers?" Not so far from the truth, but no, I'm safe, dry, and all fingers are intact.

In fact, I'm in Tokyo. At my old office. At my old desk in front of my old noisy computer. How does it feel? Like home, strangely enough. I realize I have missed Jo-Lo in Tokyo... though for at least another 6 months I still have to keep her tucked away, hidden under 60 pages of a thesis and a half year of Engrish dining hall food.

It's hard to update a month's worth of happenings, including a first boating race (and first disqualification from a boating race); a hazy memory of a fall from my bike (and from grace all in the same night) ; a lovely visit from my sister and E to the cold, cold, bitter bloody freezing Engrand; planes, trains, buses and boats (to Tokyo, to Malaysia, the 130 million year old rain forest, our 5-star resort, and back again).

If you want any details, just ask, and I'll fill in some more, along with pics of course from the world travels. I will try to be a more diligent blogger now that I've given my share of the silent treatment. Welcome back and stay tuned...

1 Comments:

  • At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's going on?? I am confused. More information please ;-) xo Keruko

     

Post a Comment

<< Home