EngRish GiRL

A GiRL still spinning from the fast pace of Tokyo suddenly finds herself a rookie among the best and brightest in British academia. By no means a proper ENGLISH girl, she can express herself only as EngRish GiRL, the silly mix of America, Japan and Britain that she has become.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Back to the grind...

I know, another 2 very interesting weeks pass, and still no blogging. Well, this time I do have a decent excuse, because I actually had the time to blog. To put it simly, using my mother's dial-up internet is like waiting for a dinosaur to have a baby. I just couldn't take it anymore. And uploading pictures? Just forget about that. Someone please tell Mom that highspeed internet is a very appropriate investment in this day and age!

Now, after a highspeed six weeks of break, I've brought the gears back to Cambridge speed, which is slow oh so slow! Maybe not for long, though-- after all, I do have a thesis to write and lists of books to read. I just haven't started yet. I just got back yesterday, so sleeping until 12:30 today seemed excusable, given the jet lag and amount of traveling I did over the past six weeks. I can't say I am ready to go globetrotting again for the time being (at least another month until I go back to Tokyo to visit S).

The highlights of home mostly revolved around eating, making the amount of time revolving around exercising here a must. Apparently I came home looking like a "victim of Eichmann" according to my not-so-politically-correct mother, so she made sure to fill me up with lots of goodies. I spent the rest of my time catching up with my high school and uni friends, some who I hadn't seen in almost two years. But I was pleasantly reminded that you can go for ages without seeing your very best friends, and still, after all that time, nothing has really changed. More to tell re: two best friends from high school engaged, one very drunk New Years Eve in New York City, $30 won at Texas Hold 'Em in Atlantic City, tons of puppy love, and a whole weekend of the "local flava"-- aka the bars in my town.

I have tons of pictures and tons of stories, so as I'm sure I won't have much to tell from Cambridge, I'll start going through the details next entry!

Happy New Year, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home